Anyone Fly China Eastern?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by alohastephen, Dec 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am considering booking a flight on China Eastern since google's ita matrix lists it as the cheapest flight available in biz class between my most frequent route of FUK to HNL.

Has anyone flown their long haul biz class product?

Or tried their lounge in Shanghai?

Thanks!:)

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Their PVG lounge I have tried. Overstuffed chairs and mediocre stuff, typical of the lounges in most of the country but it may have been reformed since i was last there a year ago. The onboard service is quite good, checkin and baggage service are excellent! I like them. I have not flown them long-haul so cannot comment.

alohastephen likes this.
  3. somekid007

somekid007 Active Member

Status Points:
    Flew couple years back in Y on their FRA-PVG route. Possibly the worst flight of my life. Seats were cramped, the plane (a333 i believe) was old and service was decidedly meh. No IFE (in 2011!) apart from the drop down screens every few rows. As far as I know their J seats aren't many better, as they are the old style recliners that are probably on par with US domestic F (only the LHR-PVG has angled lie flats). FWIW they won the 2012 Skytrax "Most Improved" award.

alohastephen likes this.
  4. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    No advance notice when they cancel the flights, you wait just like evryone with no notice xcept you will be waiting at the lounge if you are on first or biz instead of gate. If you are price conscious then CE is good but if you are service or hard product conscious then you might be disappointed.

alohastephen likes this.