Anyone experiencing issues with aa.com?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by manfromkrypton, Mar 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I've been obsessively checking every other day to ensure that my itinerary to HKG on CX F is intact for the last few weeks, and I recall I checked on it on Friday - sure enough, there it was.

Come the weekend, where I guess AA did some system maintenance, and all of a sudden, my HKG trip has disappeared - I figured it would come back after a bit, but still nothing. Then, I checked my other trip from ORD-ANC via SEA, which was paid for with milessaver first class outbound (25K), and paid fare with an SWU return. However, the itinerary shows that it used 50K miles for round trip mileage redemption, instead of mileage out/paid return.

In a panic, I called the EXP desk, and sure enough, both reservations were there in their systems, and everything looked fine, exactly how it was supposed to be. They had no explanation for why the website was glitchy. They tried to transfer me to web services, but I was on hold for 30 minutes, then gave up and hung up, as I have better things to do.

Anyone else seeing glitchy itineraries on the website? and a PSA to everyone who hasnt checked - might be a good idea to double check by calling them to confirm everything is good with your tickets.

_kurt likes this.
  2. _kurt
    Original Member

_kurt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Something went wrong for me about twenty minutes ago. The site was operating very slowly. Everything seems OK now.

3. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

Status Points:
    i've noticed over the last few weeks that my itins will also come and go from the website (but they are always on the iOS app); its very odd and figured it might have just been me... but looks like its not!

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No issues at all with any of my itineraries.