anyone ever tried Welk Resort in Escondido CA?

Discussion in 'Timeshares' started by joyandherb, Feb 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. They have 3 different areas, Mountain Villas, Villas on the Greens and the 2 bdrm original units that surround the golf course.
    Looks like a fantastic place to vacation from the website. http://www.welksandiego.com

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lawrence Welk???

3. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been there to visit a family member who has a time share there. Their kids seemed to be having a great time at the pool which has a waterslide. Everything looked kept up. It is about a half hour from the beach by a busy freeway. Not very far from the Wild Animal Park or whatever they call it now. Maybe 45 minutes to San Diego depending on time of day.

4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used to live in Escondido. The Welk Resort is great if you're over 65 or with someone who is over 65. jwsky has the timing about right if you hit the freeways without traffic, but Interstate 15 is often a parking lot in the morning when trying to get down into San Diego proper. The 78 can be rough at points as well when heading toward Oceanside and Carlsbad.

I never went out to the resort itself (had no reason to) but I knew people who did occasionally with their much older parents and grandparents. It's really a golf retirement community. If that's you're thing, awesome, go for it. :)

paladin87 likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Lawrence Welk crowd.

6. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did not see many people there over 65 except my father in law. Maybe they stay in their units. We were at the pool and if anything there were way too many screaming kids for my taste. It was families at the pool and bbq. There was also a game room with pool and ping pong tables. And a golf course, but i don't golf.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  7. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. txmoney

txmoney Silver Member

Status Points:
    The place has transformed a lot over the years. The new section has a much better pool that the original condo's. this has brought a much younger crowd to the resort. Give it a try...it's a good value for the money.

9. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I used to live out that way and was always under the impression it was a retirement type place.

Incidentally....AWESOME avatar! Who doesn't love Sgt. Schultz! My all time favorite tv show.