Anyone else had AA issues this weekend?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by timfrost, Jan 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have three friends who tried to get back from EYW this weekend and ended up with an unscheduled night at MIA and another at DFW due to flight cancelations due to mechanical problems with AA... plus plenty of conflicting information from gate agents and customer service during this time.

My partner and I traveled from LAX-LAS on Saturday... 70 minute delay at LAX... first 20 minutes due to no first officer (stole one off JFK-LAX to work our flight), then another 20 because the ground crew couldn't find the nose wheel locking pin for pushback... THEN another 15 to load previously misconnected bags (why they didn't do that while the rampers were hunting for the pin no one knows) then another 15 waiting for the apron to clear... not to mention the usual airport tours at both LAX and LAS. I will give credit to the gate agents and captain for keeping us informed during these delays.

Once we landed at LAS... 52 minutes from our gate arrival for the first bag to show up at the carousel... both a flight from ORD and MIA arriving after us had their last bags delivered before our first showed up. Plenty of misinformation from the baggage service people during this time.

Are they having a bad weekend or is it a sign of things to come? :eek::confused:

Newscience and MX like this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    So you had a 35 minute delay before push-back ( all other airport problems mentioned are irrelevant .. not AAs fault) and a long? baggage delay in LAS which normally not the quickest for all airlines due to the distance from the gates to the carrousels and on what is usually the busiest weekend and succeeding week of the year in that city (ie close to NYE and then the huge CES) and you somehow believe that's synonymous of the airline going forward. :)

Can I see Amtrak in your future?:)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    brodyf and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is travel on Amtrak that much better? I think not! Besides, we haven't yet reached the peak of the bad weather/winter season! Simply ask the folks who live near or travel through ORD! ;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    MX and Counsellor like this.
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was also referring to the difficulties of my poor friends spending 3 days traveling back from EYW, not just my own problems, and was curious if anyone else was traveling this weekend and having misadventures. Coming back from LAS last night they canceled our flight due to a mechanical problem (actually delayed it from 6:45pm to 11:00am... the plane has to go back sometime and that looks better to DOT right?) and rebooked everyone on another flight. Gate agents said they had a spare plane but operations decided not to use it. *shrug* The agents handled it like champs though!

I can travel anywhere I want for free on the train, but I'd rather go to the dentist to be honest. At least traveling on my own as a passenger I can hide out rather than be a trapped and helpless employee! :D

flyforawg likes this.