Anyone eaten at Dinner By Heston?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by colt245, Sep 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Michelin star restaurant...wanting to Book for January, they have a 90 day rolling basis which usually means it can become impossible to book a table even a month or two in advance! Contacted them today and they said for January I would have to wait until October to book. I am just wondering if anyone has been to the restaurant in London? If so will it definitely be worth the price, (about £60.00 ahead)? Have read some reviews on trip adviser some positive some not so much!! It would be as a present so want to make sure money is worth spending!

Thanks!

Espan likes this.
  2. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen his TV show, and some impressive culinary pyrotechnics there. I can see how it would be hit or miss for some in a restaurant format, though. £60.00 per person sounds pretty inexpensive for that level of fame and fusion cooking, bet it costs a heck of a lot more once wine and tips are factored in...

3. jmui

jmui Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been, but will say you can confidently expect the food to be cooked at a high level. I would argue that's really all you can expect from a Michelin starred restaurant when you're trying to assess value when taken out of context. User submitted reviews are great for getting a general idea of a restaurant but I haven't found them particularly useful beyond that. They very too greatly in context and perspective. FWIW, European Michelin-starred establishments tend to be a little pricier than in the US. 60/head is on the economical side, so I'd venture it probably would be decent value, all things considered.

Just a tip, it's easier to get hard to get RSVPs through a concierge service than on your own.

4. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for responses. Yeh the reviews vary from 'best restaurant ever' to 'not all it's made out to be' can only go and see for yourself, £60.00 ahead is reasonable considering it's michelin, however wine is very expensive and there would be at least a 12% surcharge so it would add up, I would also be paying the whole bill as part of the present! I will go and post my review and opinions!