Anyone book over 8 segment itinerary recently?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by drymartini, Jul 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. drymartini

drymartini Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi,
    I am looking to book an itinerary in Jan-Feb from LAX - MLE with a stopover. I have researched ana website as well as united.

I am coming up with 3 segments outbound and 5 outbound due to my stopover city. I have 2 questions.

1) I read somewhere that max segments is 4 + 4 = 8 in an itinerary. Anyone violate it making it 5.
    2) My stopover is a non-star alliance hub city. anyone had any luck doing a stopover at a non star alliance hub city recently?

My itinerary is nothing crazy. and I will be well within the allowed MPM limits.

2. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have seen itineraries with more than 8 segments, including someone who had 10 segments with 6 outbound and 4 inbound on a recent trip. It's possible that US elite members get more leniency. In that itinerary, 2 of the 6 outbound segments were on US Airways flights to reach the international gateway city and 1 of the 4 inbound segments was on US, thus only 7 segments were on partners.

What is your LAX-MLE routing that you have searched and what is the stopover?

3. drymartini

drymartini Active Member

Status Points:
    Me and my wife are planning to go to MLE (in J) and also visit my family at CCU with a 20 day stopover.
    The shortest routing (not theoretical routing but rather with availability in J) I found is this
    LAX - ICN - SIN - MLE (Destination) - SIN - CCU (stop) - BKK - ICN - LAX