Any way to trick BA into searching AAdvantage award space NYC-NRT?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by LarryInNYC, Feb 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm searching for AAdvantage award space between NYC and SE Asia this summer using the BA Executive Club tool. I'm finding it much more productive to search USA - NRT / HKG and then NRT / HKG to SE Asia separately rather than USA - SE Asia directly (I'm turning up more availability splitting the trip between Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines assuming that routing is allowed).

This works okay in most because I can find a date near the ones I want to travel for which BA does not have award space on it's own planes. When this happens I can use "Search Partners" to start searching Cathay and Japan.

Unfortunately, for the flight I'm most interested in (NYC - NRT) BA has award space seemingly every single day in the summer. Therefore, I don't get a chance to put their search tool into "search partners" mode. The only work around I've found so far is to search a date very soon when there's no BA availability, then continually hit "Search Up To 7 Days Later" and very slowly walk myself, day by day, to the summer while in "search partner" mode.

Is there an easier way?

2. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes .. use awardnexus.com :)

edit*: decided to be a little more helpful ... sign up for awardnexus, its free if you have a FT account. you get a 100 points to start off with, and when you use that up, you get a refill of another 100 points. then you can get refills every 90 days i believe. This is the best way to check availability, and a lot of times more reliable than the BA tool.

3. trivuong

trivuong Active Member

Status Points:
    Try the Qantas tool instead.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  4. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is probably your best bet.