Any way to get a 1-way award for less than full miles?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Rom Sac, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    DeacFlyer1 likes this.
  2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also would love to know if there are any creative workarounds for potential one-way travel.

3. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    In a word: No.

We all keep hoping. The US site will mix and match different outbound and inbound award mileage rates (Off peak to High, coach and First/Envoy) - this is obviously only possible with 100% US Airways awards, no *A partner flights since you can't do that online (yet - that's allegedly coming and has been for some time). But since you can't do multi-leg or open jaw award booking online it's just not possible.

If and when they finally deliver on the promise of allowing some partner booking online, things might change. Since UA and AA allow one way and CO sort of does and likely will once merger is completed it would seem to be a competitive requirement.

4. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've actually thought about booking the return WAY later, when I'd have a decent chance to use it. But since you can't change the return date after travel starts, this doesn't work.

The program has some really good features, but the combination of no 1-way awards and no changing the return date really is a pain.