Any Upcoming DEQM's?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Jun 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been an AA EXP for a number of years but am in jeopardy of losing that status this year because of reduced business travel. Late last year, I pulled a STL-LAX-JFK-MXP-JFK-LAX-ORD-STL ($1100 ai) at the end of the year on a DEQM for flights originating and terminating in STL. Anyone know of any more planned DEQM's for 2011? I am thinking AA may promote STL again after all of the damage from the tornado earlier this year.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Are you STL-based? All the DEQM offers this year have been targeted to residents only.

Systemwide DEQMs were usually offered in years when traffic wasn't looking that great. With all the airline mergers and reduced capacity, AA's flights seem pretty full.

If we see anything, I'm guessing it will be very limited and will have residency restrictions. Who knows though, we can all cross our fingers.... ;)

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAX based, but would gladly "relocate" for a good DEQM!

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully that trick will work. AA's past behavior isn't a guarantee of rules and regulations going forward. :confused:

As has been said before, it's instructive, but not definitive.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    The targeted by residency of DEQM is one of my reasons for considering going back to UA this year.

There are many factors on both sides. But they ran the DEQM in jan/feb for anyone and then decided to make them targeted after that.

The lack of being able to take advantage of the promo has already led to a change of plans and less flying on AA for me.

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    To be fair, the one UA DEQM I'm aware of is ORD-LAX/SFO which is targeted to residents of IL/CA only. Not that UA/CO wouldn't love to have you aboard ;)

Jubileesmom likes this.
  7. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Basically, you're asking if any of us knows of a planned but unannounced DEQM promo, but forgot to post it here or anywhere else? Waiter, I'll have what he's having! :)

8. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are currently 2 DEQM promos that you can participate in, for RTs between DFW and ORD. Are you not taking advantage of those?

My travel has been seriously curtailed this year but thankfully with these 2 promos, and living near SFO, I'll requal as EXP by end of August. :)

DesertRose likes this.
  9. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    TheBeerHunter - yes, I have taken advantage of those, but the mileage is not that great. I am hopeful AA will have another Orig/Dest specific DEQM later this year that will garner me more than 5K miles!

How often are you running these routes?

10. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Several of us have discount codes from that silly basketball game, too, if you need one.
    T&C:
    Code is valid for one roundtrip flight for you and a companion from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) or Miami (MIA) to anywhere we serve in the continental United States OR from anywhere in the continental United States to Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) or Miami (MIA).You must make your purchase in the next 48 hours for travel Sept 6, 2011 through Nov. 14, 2011,

11. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have one of the codes for 15% off, but your flight must originate from DFW or MIA. I am based at LAX/BUR and the code is rejected when applied.

12. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    WEll, seems UA is on the DEQM by residency kick too. soooo

Tenmoc likes this.
  13. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can never hurt to try...;)

14. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Haha it can if you change your flying patterns without any benefit. I'd hate to book a positioning flight, MR, and than find out that I was getting just the regular EQM. For all the past DEQM deals I've taken advantage of, I made sure I was a qualified candidate for them before buying anything.

This is the first year I might not take advantage of DEQM. They're offering one from my home airport (ORD) but I'm pretty busy during that time period. I guess we will see if I keep EXP or not.... :eek: