Any UA 1Ks/Platinums that can help with award reservation?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Quasiconvexity, Jun 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I need to make an award reservation (within the 21 day timeframe) on Azul airlines and dont have any status with UA any longer. The award is a one-way for me and my wife and is 25K miles in all - I have sufficient miles in my account but I am reluctant to pay the $150 service fee (close-in charges) and was wondering if I could request any UA elites to make the booking on my behalf. I have miles in my account and can make a booking for you in return on a future award (upto 30K).

I hope it is kosher to post this here (FT has removed CC and I wasnt sure if there was a companion foru here). If anyone is interested, please get in touch - appreciate the help.

2. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do you propose this will work?

3. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    If a 1K/Plat could help book my ticket using their miles (so as to avoid the close-in booking fee), I can use my UA miles (or miles on other carriers) to book them on their trip. I can book a trip requiring up to 30K miles in order to cover any inconvenience.