Any tips for flying with skis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by chaozie, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I've purchased a padded ski bag and boot bag for an upcoming trip to Colorado. Has anyone had good or bad experiences about flying with ski equipment? Would I be better off just renting?

2. Analise
    Original Member

Analise Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm very particular about skiing with my own skis. If you're not, then just rent them.

doc likes this.
  3. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, you are coming to ski central. DEN has lots of practice handling skis and they even have their own little baggage wall... thing. Assuming you aren't flying someone like Alliegent (joke!... sort of) they should be well versed in handling ski equipment when flying into CO.

All that being said, I'd follow Analise's advice and rent if you don't mind using those skis. It's not as though any of our major resorts out here will rent bad equipment. They all have a major economic reputation to protect.

4. jneugeba
    Original Member

jneugeba Gold Member

Status Points:
    One other option is I see many people coming with just their boots and then renting skis out here. Much easier to transport and you get to try out some new skis while having the comfort of your own boots.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  5. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    you can not fly with skis, only riding [​IMG]

6. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    On a serious side...i did travel a few times with my snowboard (but within France) and everything went smoothly.
    Since i own a snowboard there is no way for me to go for renting one...

7. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    When flying off the ski jump, make sure your bindings are in good working order [​IMG]

8. doc
    Original Member

doc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I rent! :)