Any thoughts on the Avis / Flying Blue promotion?

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by viguera, Apr 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any thoughts on this? Seems like a rather pricey way to earn miles, unless you're planning to rent anyway and/or can find a relatively cheap Avis car.

Seems like every 3 day rental between now and September 30th earns an increasing amount of miles...

• second rental earns 2,000 bonus miles
    • third rental earns 5,000 miles
    • fourth rental earns 7,500 miles
    • fifth rental earns 14,000 miles
    • sixth (and final) rental earns 20,000 miles
    This is in addition to the minimum standard Flying Blue Miles award of 500 miles per rental, so at the end of the day (well, of the sixth rental :) ) you have 51,500 miles.

http://avis-flyingblue.com/avis_flyingblue_gd/home.htm

Full terms are here: http://avis-flyingblue.com/avis_flyingblue_gd/terms.htm

2. grand voyageur
    Original Member

grand voyageur Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here in France I wasn't able to find any interesting rates, but there should be better deals in the US. For now I credit my Europcar rentals for 1700 BMI miles, no minimum rental period required. For this offer, you can squeeze out another 100 miles per rental by booking on the Avis-FB site and another 100 miles if you're FB Gold or Plat.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found an Avis a mile from my house that has a Chevy Aveo econo-box for $85 for 3 days... I'm almost tempted to rent it a few times and leave it on my driveway, but even then that would work out to over $500 for all six rentals. Considering you get 51k miles that might not be a terrible rate, or it might be... I'm not sure. :)

4. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will do it ... get's me back to FB, but maybe I can use the miles. 3-day weekend rentals are $72 and 6x$72 is worth it when you get 52k miles.