Any suggestions for a Pakistani traveller?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by wesshere, Jan 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. wesshere

wesshere Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I just got registered to this site and was wondering if someone could help me regarding hacking my travel. I've been reading a lot before this but one thing that Pakistan lacks is that there are not so many miles/points available for shopping via credit cards etc, only Standard Chartered Bank partners with local airline PIA but the airline is not worth it because it doesn't actually go to many parts of the world and is not even in alliance with other airlines. So I am kinda stuck here and been using actual money to pay for my travel.

Any suggestions that would help me in this regard would be much appreciated.

Wasim
    Islamabad, Pakistan

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome Wasim to Milepoint.
    perhaps think about taking the local airline to a different location/airport, then starting a trip from there on an airline that provides miles. Known as 'positioning', there are some here that will take a positioning flight to put themselves in a location where they can either use miles for an award or maximize miles earned.

Columbo Sri Lanka (airport code CMB) used to be a very good location for cheap mileage earning flights.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    BWIflyer and uggboy like this.
  3. wesshere

wesshere Active Member

Status Points:
    I have Qatar and Thai miles already but I was looking to get those miles which are not airline dependent, like Credit cards or online work/shopping etc.

Plus, nearest option I have is DXB and it also costs a minimum of $350 (that's what I'm currently doing BTW) and this when added to actual ticket, becomes huge!

As far as CMB is concerned, Srilankan Airline does not fly to ISB.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    uggboy and Gargoyle like this.