Any Speculation as to the Replacement Offer for the SPG after Tuesday?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by knick1959, Aug 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. knick1959

knick1959 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I shouldn't go for this card right now ... it's on my "to-do list" but I've been a busy beaver; many hard pulls against my credit report and my score has dipped a bit. I was saving this for end-of-year or early next. However, I am tempted to go for this so as not to lose out on the generous signup bonus.

Any guess as to what the new offer might be? And might the current offer be repeated or bettered in the near future?

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    most likely it'll drop back to the normal 25k bonus. the 30k happens once a year I believe.

perryplatypus and rharrigill like this.
  3. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be surprised if it's anything other than the old 25k bonus offer.

perryplatypus and edekba like this.
  4. knick1959

knick1959 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, between the reply by edekba and yours, I'm taming my anxiety and I believe I will pass on this go-round. I can decide to go for the lower amount later (although losing 5k points seems heart-breaking), or holding out for the next better offer to come around (more likely my choice) .. particularly if it's a relatively annual event. Or at least has been.

5. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    The 30k offer has come at the same time for the last 2 or 3 years. Of course, no one can say for sure if it will return next August, but I think we'd all agree that the odds are good.

6. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    The key to the 30k offer and even the 25k offer is meeting the spend requirements to get the extra.

perryplatypus likes this.