Any SEA Gold Lunch Reports?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by dgreen12, Jul 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am hungry for news.

News of any type.

Even just what was served for lunch.

Please.

2. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    The venue was very impressive, from the incredibly gorgeous art in the swimming pool, to the awesome aquarium, and the immense dining table used for our luncheon. The lunch itself started off with a nice gazpacho, followed by a cod with rice entree, and topped off with a strawberry tart dessert. As far as news went no new cities to be served out of Seattle in the near future, the partnership workings with Delta are getting resolved, and the next focus will be getting similar benefits working with American. A lot of behind the scenes efforts have been going on with trying to fix things like the 24 upgrade/check in process losing the status hierarchy glitch. I do not recall more specifics, it seemed pretty general and in line with what I had heard or read online. Sat with two million milers, which was fun and very interesting. I found out during the question and answer session that I am not alone in that sometimes I get a glitch when reserving through corporate travel, get automatically upgraded at 5 days out, and then not able to check in online at the 24 (or less mark) Instead we must see ticket agent at airport and sometimes need to have a paper coupon. That is an issue when it is a smaller airport such as Tucson where there is only one flight a day so you cannot get to the airport early and work there if you finish up with a job early since you cannot get a boarding pass to get through security.

3. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recalled another item discussed at the luncheon. The new procedure being used at boarding regarding carryon luggage in an effort to ensure on time departures. If your carryon bag is the correct size (allowed for carry on purposes- limited to one plus one rule) you can gate check the bag and get early boarding. (after FC and MVPG etc before they call the general boarding rows at the rear of the plane). They are hoping this reduces the number of bags that have to be carried back up to the front for checking purposes due to lack of overhead space. I admit I have seen this twice recently and only once was a single bag carried back up front to be checked.

dgreen12 likes this.