Any RyanAir Flyers out there? Carry on question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by LAM, Jan 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I will be in Dublin in May on a cheap Delta ticket from the recent Delta/United fare war spat. My plan was to continue on from Dublin to Sarajevo to visit a friend who is working there. Unfortunately she can not guarantee right now that she will be there due to work travel. So I am trying to make some back up plans. I was looking at where RyanAir flies and there are pretty cheap flights under $50 round trip to to Glasgow as long as I don't have to check a bag. My new carry on backpack is 1" too deep to be a legal RyanAir carry on. Because it is a backpack if I don't fill it full and I can squish it into the bag sizer will I be ok? I know there are horror stories about carry ons and RyanAir and I don't want to have to pay the sizable fee if I get "caught".

Gargoyle and uggboy like this.
  2. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    As long as it fits in the sizer you're okay. If you've never flown them before make sure you check-in online and print you're boarding pass. If you don't they will charge you for both and it will be a lot more than you ticket cost. Aloha!

Gargoyle and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well said.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    wear a jacket with lots of pockets, stuff the extra stuff from your carryon in the pockets. You need to keep the bag under the weight limit (I think it's 8kg) or the fees start skyrocketing.

uggboy likes this.