Any rumors around Qatar R-class?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by JAbrams72, Apr 22, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now that Qatar is using R more for deep discount business, and since BA is going to start offering Avios and Tier Points for it, I'm wondering if there's any news or rumors about AA offering EQM???

2. MikeLonW7

MikeLonW7 New Member

Status Points:
    I made an enquiry to QR and AA through the web-sites about this issue. I wasn't expecting a resolution as using these channels normally produces canned statements. To no surprise the responses were as follows:

AA says ... "Because the mileage credit comes from our airline partners they determine what classes they award credit for. Regrettably, we do not know when a partner will change or add a class of service to the list they give credit to."

QR says ... "You are kindly requested to contact American Airlines program advisor who will be in a better position to reply to your query."

The Qatar/BA Executive Club inclusion of R class might have something to do with the fact that Qatar Airways owns 10% of BA's parent, IAG and the relationship there is closer.

I am hoping that it is just a matter of time. QR is a quality airline, and I find the oneworld carrier mix is very good. The alliance just needs that little extra effort and consistency on some of the finer details such as this.

iolaire likes this.
  3. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I an a Privilege member and have enjoyed QR service and the oneworld connection thus far in 2016, the "R" fare in my case, just makes a Business Class seat more affordable :eek:

EK has been my go-to airline but they are not a member of any airline alliances and seem to be taking their long term customers for granted these days

QR competes against EK directly on many routes

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  4. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA website now updated and R earns 100% + 25% COS Bonus and 1.5 EQM per mile
    Link

jonspencer likes this.