Any recent experience using FQTS and FQTV on NZ?

Discussion in 'Air New Zealand | Airpoints' started by adl73x, Jul 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello, searching old threads on TOBB and some here, it appears that with NZ it is possible to use one card for status benefits while flying and another to earn mileage.

General advice also seems to be that this is not widely known, and there were reports of success in educating NZ sales agents, checkin, lounge and gate staff.

Does anyone have recent experience of this with NZ? If so, what was your experience?

[EDIT: Happy to confirm that even though a counter full of NZ priority check in agents at LHR had no idea what Mrs adl73x was talking about, they eventually were able to check her in today with NZ status and LH mileage. They admitted learning something, but didn't seem at all happy about it.

So, if you have a need - push gently and politely - you will succeed. ]

2. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Certainly is possible (and I do it all the time) but as you say, many agents are not aware of how to do this (probably around 2/3)

Jeff

adl73x likes this.
  3. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update for those browsing through: this is very much still possible! I redeemed some Airpoints dollars for flights this week, but wanted my Virgin Velocity number in there since I've lounge access status there.

Both reps I spoke with at the call centre had no idea until I spoke the magic words "My Airpoints number will be in the FQTV field, and my Velocity number goes in the FQTS field".

It took a bit of typing, and one of them had to confirm with the supervisor (I think she thought I was trying to hack the plane or something) but it worked.

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Presumably that is airports FQTV and velocity rewards FQTS?

5. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Argh, yes, I just can't type! *goes back to edit*

6. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Postscript: oh, and make sure the agent puts in the right airline code. I just had a "wait, why can't I select a seat?!" moment because an agent had put in my DJ number with a VS code in front of it.

kiwi likes this.