any RAs stayed at the Venetian in Vegas?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by jonspencer, Jan 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    who have some comments on benefits and did you need to pay surcharge or were you upgraded to supposed Elite level suites?

on another note you have to love IC Johannesburg offering Club access plus all benefits on a Point Break stay :D:D

uggboy, Kalboz and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was there last year it was a good stay. Your minibar is capped to 100. They usually try to upgrade you to the bigger suite, I believe its called Fortuna(about 1100sq ft) This is what the host told me, they call a few days before your stay and get your input. Good room, full dining room table and living room. By surcharge, are you referring to the resort fee? I don't remember as it seems all Vegas hotels charge them these days.

You can check in at the VIP center and avoid the lines.

I was happy, just make sure the Minibar isn't exceeded since its an Alliance resort.

3. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the input, is there a Club Lounge?

seems there is some extra surcharge on top of the resort fee

I was also curious about early check-in and other benefits, I will contact them to ask what RAs get

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  4. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    there is a club lounge, but you have to pay for it. Nobody gets it for FREE! In the VIP checkin lounge they do some little snack and will get you drinks as well. just little cakes ect, never saw much food but a few drinks in there was nice! you had to order them but they didn't charge.

The "club" lounge is an upcharge, they have snacks, apps, breakfast and a full bar.(I haven't used this, but think money is better spend elsewhere) I remember a number like $100ish, also if you want to use the SPA area there is an additional fee.

My advice, just take the room and good upgrade and then enjoy Vegas! To many options to count for eating and drinking. If you want to be lazy, there is a Grand Lux restaurant right there for breakfast ect. Good and reasonable prices.

PS, don't expect everyone to know what an RA is, the Host that calls is well aware. Try to set everything up with her/him. Since this is an ALL Suite hotel, they are within their rights to only upgrade you to a view room ect. so the Fortuna Suite is a pleasant surprise. Room prices here are often only 150 and 200 per night.

One more tip, join the Grazie club. its there gamblers club, you can do this online in advance. they send out room specials to those members, so you may be able to book for a bit cheaper. Your same benefits apply, but the base rate may be better. I went with low expectations since it is an Alliance resort, but they did good by me. Make sure you post afterwards.....

jonspencer likes this.
  5. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not an RA (just a normal Platinum and Ambassador) but a few notes:

1. At check-in, look to the left for the entrance to the lounge if desired. It's between the long line of check-in desks and the smaller IHG/Invited Guests desks.
    2. Instead of Grand Lux (near the guest room elevators), there is a Thomas Keller Bouchon Bistro, my favorite place to eat in LAS.
    3. Grazie members with decent play do get acceptable offers - I just had three free nights at Venetian in December and the hotel will then add your Ambassador number for amenities and benefits. I tend to play $15/hand blackjack two-handed. Note: Venetian/Palazzo does not comp food on any free stay.
    4. The only way out of the $28 resort fee is to use the Chase IHG credit card free night.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    jonspencer likes this.
  6. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks again for the input, will be there soon :cool: