Any other great points for free deals out there?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by JMS, Sep 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JMS

JMS New Member

Status Points:
    Sorry I'm sure this has been asked, but the info out there is overwhelming. I am running very low on my SPG points and need more for holiday travel. I have the Amex card and get quite a few from that, I have gotten some referral bonuses, I missed out on the whole US Mint deal but a friend clued me into amazon payments. Is there anything similar out there that I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

2. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only use Amex with AP if I need to top off a minimum spend. I don't do it regularly to earn points. When you do so you run the risk of a financial review.

servo46250 and edekba like this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    or amazon payment closing your account.

servo46250 likes this.
  4. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Plus, after the Mint issue, some of the more savvy flyers who picked up on that one initially are likely to play their next find a little closer to the chest, so as to hopefully avoid the same fate. I haven't tried Amazon Payments yet, and it sounds like I might only do it to meet a minimum spend. The Vanilla Gift Cards aren't a bad idea, but another one likely to be clamped down on soon.