Any Opinions On The New Domestic F Snack Basket

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Pizzaman, Dec 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I received it today on a flight from IAD to LAX. Still received all the normal meal parts. But, after they offered sundaes and cheese, they brought around a fruit basket. Then, a short while later a snack basket. The concept is almost a perfect copy of what US does, though with better items in the basket. Items in the snack basket:

• Moose Munch Dark Chocolate Bites
    • Lily O’Brien’s Luxury Marbled Chocolate
    • James & Melanie Key Lime Cookies
    • Earnest Eats Granola Bar
    • Kings’ Mountain Trail Mix
    • Asher’s Milk Chocolate Pretzels
    • Emerald Sea Salt & Pepper Cashews
    • Deep River Kettle Chips
    • Deep River Mesquite BBQ Kettle Chips
    I plan to post pictures later after I've landed. Having trouble uploading images.

Opinions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Newscience and Travelsavant like this.
  2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    IMG_6844.jpg IMG_6846.jpg IMG_6848.jpg More pictures.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Travelsavant likes this.
  3. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's a great idea! Maybe we'll see it on the shorter flights that only do snack mix?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

stedger2, Flyer1976 and Travelsavant like this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    That's what US does, though I'm not sure what the min flight time is for the snack basket on US. I'm totally in favor of this instead of snack mix.

Newscience and Travelsavant like this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pizzaman,
    FWIW, I just travelled on an in-Europe LH flight of just under 3 hours in coach seating that included a hot meal and drink service (no charge for alcoholic drinks). I think that we've all become accustomed to considerably less amenities on US-based airlines in coach seating.
    Newscience

gaijin62 and brodyf like this.
  6. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Noticed last week that AmericanEagle has taken the almonds off and replaced them with some weird packaged mixed crap.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd rather have my ExecPlat CPU into F, or more leg room in coach (often with an empty centre seat), than a mediocre hot meal in the back cabin and seat pitch of 28"...not to mention the so-called "business cabins" of intra-European flights on LH and BA.

flyforawg likes this.
  8. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I'd rather fly on my own private jet! ;)
    Sorry to say that I don't work for an employer that ponies up for first class seats! My point is that US coach seating has become the "prison seating" that it has because:
    - the airlines could care less
    - the American flying public tolerates this treatment, and they are largely clueless that this is very much a US-based phenomenon.

I'll take the pedestrian coach seating available on AF, LH, OS, THY any day over standard AA, DL, UA, US coach seating for a long haul flight. Here's what you'll get on a foreign carrier that you won't likely get on a US-based carrier:
    - a choice of hot meals
    - no charge for beverages, including alcoholic ones, with no reasonable limit
    - friendly and courteous air crew who will respond to your queries/concerns/needs, and personally thank you for flying with them upon departure
    - respect

I'd also suggest that the US air carrier industry would not want the US public to learn first-hand about these differences. ;)

FriendlySkies likes this.
  9. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Neither do I (have a rich employer)...but my statement clearly indicated F was from CPUs and if one doesn't get the upgrade, there is an extra 6"-8" of leg room on all three US mega-carriers in coach now instead of the cramped leg room on European carriers. US airlines provide better inflight offerings to their elites which offset many of the other reductions in inflight services experienced since deregulation. (But given all European carriers are losing money now, not sure how long free drinks and hot meals will continue on intra-European flights.)

10. Paolo Scuri

Paolo Scuri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems cool.

11. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    The fresh fruit/snack basket was one of the things i really liked about a recent Delta flight. i'm all for the snack basket and especially the fresh fruit. Way to go AA!