Any non-EXP's have experience with Choice Plus Bundle Ticket Option?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Max M, Feb 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I ask if any non-Exp's have experience with the Choice Plus Bundle Ticket option because I just purchased a ticket with it the first time [as a Plat] , and my question is in regards to the "Free Premium Beverage" --- and if I'm not mistaken EXP's get a free "Premium Beverage" if the have to fly in Y.

EXP's can simply show their EXP card for their free drink; I don't have that option.

If one purchases a "Choice Plus" Bundled ticket, how do the FA's know you're entitled to a free drink? Is "Choice Plus" printed on the boarding pass, or do we have to rely on the FA having to verfiy with the manifest that the passenger is entitled to a free drink?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    FAs now have tablets on board which should show them who are Choice Plus customers. Also, if you check-in online, your printed at home tickets should include a section noting your premium beverage option. In addition to all that, if you use the AA apps on your smartphone, there is a section for "Drink Tickets" within the app that you can show the FAs.

Max M and skyvan like this.
  3. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info.

Since I usually don't check-in online [as I usually check bags], and don't have a smart phone, hopefully it won't be an issue, especially on the short hop flight I'm on, which typically does a rapid beverage service in Y on the short flight.

4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    To answer my own post....

While flying out on 2/9, I merely told the FA nearby as she was close and had her tablet handy.

Flying out on 2/17, at check-in the agent printed off an additional ticket that was a "Drink Voucher" valid for either flight I wanted to use it on--- and was upgraded on one of the flights already, so it was unnecessary for one flight. Again, for someone without a smart phone, someone who doesn't check-in online, and doesn't use a kiosk to check-in [Plat here], I was very appreciative of having the printed off drink ticket pass. :)

perryplatypus likes this.