Any New Developments on the Las Vegas Strip

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Ed Chandler, Feb 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey, all

Short version: HGVC properties - Do I earn points and get status benefits? Yes or no?

Looks like I'll be heading to Vegas in late March. I've got an event rate at the Flamingo (not the HGVC, the real Flamingo) and the rate is pretty good, but if I can earn points and use status I'd like to consider those options. I have no doubt that I could do so at the Doubletree (formerly the Tropicana), but I'd like to confirm that I can do so at the three other Hilton properties on the strip: The Elara, the HGVC, and the HGVC "at the Flamingo."

I read this http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/hilton-grand-vacations-on-the-strip-or-elara.37355/, but the last post was last September, so I thought there might be some new and relevant information.

Anyone?

2. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking of booking Elara for Feb 22-24. I'm currently looking for deals.

3. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can earn points at Elara (very nice hotel) and usually get a decent rate 79-99 a night. If you open up the different packages sometimes you can get the Jr. Suite for the studio rate.

4. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the HGVC on the "North Strip" during CES last month. They provide points, but that's about the only published benefit they promise. They did recognize my Diamond Status and upgraded my regular room to a beautiful suite -complete with washer/dryer.... but that's about all the status got me. It's across the street from the dormant Fountainbleau property and kinda' dead up there, but it worked for me OK for CES. If you want to be close to the action and/or having gaming nearby, I wouldn't recommend the HGVC property.

5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    The North Strip property is very nice (good pool and exercise facilities), but as you discovered, it is a bit of a walk to Wynn's hotels, the Stratosphere and Circus-Circus. The HGVC by the Las Vegas Hotel (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton) is the least desirable HGVC in LV. It's a bit dated with modest amenities but convenient to the convention center and the LVH, and almost nothing else. The Flamingo property is my favorite for its location and low point cost (Silver season for CES!) but the Elara may be a truly iconic timeshare. I recommend that anyone staying in LV for something other than gaming, dining and shows would find both of these comfortable, otherwise plan on traveling.

6. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will be staying in the Elara in June. Two bedroom plus for a family birthday gathering.