Any Marriott Elite Benefits at Ritz Carlton?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Steven Schwartz, Jan 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    May do the Platinum Challenge. Have an upcoming stay at the Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong. Would there be any benefits worth mentioning?

Thanks for any feedback.

2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That answers it. Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    And for what it's worth at checkin at the RC Grand Cayman (I'm not the only MPer here!) I was told "Well, Marriott Rewards and Ritz Carlton Rewards are the same thing." The branding folks would be freaking out but that's essentially the case.

I'm doing an experiment, likely not to work out, I signed up for a Marriott status challenge and then converted my account to be Ritz Rewards. The status carried over. I assume the status will still expire properly but I don't know whether anyone has tested that.

Grand Cayman has a $50 a night resort fee (!!!) and free internet, so I didn't get that as a benefit. They did upgrade what was already blocked as an ocean view room (I booked lowest category but likely the conference I'm here for is why I was put in ocean view) and they told me at checkin they were going to put me on the top floor as an upgrade which would have a better view. So there's what status is getting me here.

GoodBoy and Kalboz like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

If you get the chance to try Blue restaurant at the Ritz, it is fantastic.

If you need any other suggestions, feel free to ask. We go to Cayman every October for a week, although I personally liked it better without the Ritz and the other large properties being built there.

They used to have a three story limit on buildings in seven mile beach, and it was a lot more like the Cayman I have known and enjoyed for so many years.

GoodBoy and Kalboz like this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is not supposed to be included, but In Boston I was given a suite upgrade as a Marriott platinum at the Ritz.

GoodBoy, MyTravels and Kalboz like this.
  7. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    We're actually using Ritz Certificates - Royal Prestige Suite Certificates. Gets us a Deluxe Suite but without a view so I think the only upgrade I could really get would be the better view. I imagine that should be a no-brainer.

BTW - how long does Marriott take to change the account to Platinum after the challenge is requested?

GoodBoy and marcwint55 like this.
  8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    24-48 hours IME

9. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was lucky to receive a non-club floor suite upgrade in Ritz-Carlton Boston Common. The hotel was sold out, so maybe they needed to give someone a suite, or maybe this property tries to give best non-club room available.

10. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    mine was also a non club floor suite upgrade

GoodBoy likes this.
  11. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should book through Virtuoso, since most RC properties participate, and try for a double-whammy on the perks.

GoodBoy likes this.