any Luxor, Egypt experts here on MP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jonspencer, Jan 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a few full days there and want to see some sights "off the beaten track" as such

many years ago I visited and saw all the standard tourist sites, Karnak, Valley of the Kings etc

mercifully the food has improved somewhat in Egypt in recent years :eek:

any tips will be appreciated

I have business meetings in Cairo and then in Luxor for a half day, after which I will have a car / driver provided by our business partner to go anywhere in or around Luxor :cool:

2. Gibna Kebira

Gibna Kebira Active Member

Status Points:
    Gosh, there are just so many places that most tourists don't have the time for: Medinet Habu (Ramses III Mortuary Temple), the Ramesseum, the Valley of the Queens, Deir el Medina (the workers' village), Tombs of the Nobles--Ramose, Mena, Kheruef, Senenmut; Deir el Bahri (Hatshepsut), Seti I Mortuary Temple (almost no one visits this). Just north--Medamoud. Just south--Tod. West of Medinet Habu--Coptic monastery Deir el Mohareb (you can buy delicious honey here). I work in Luxor six months every year and I'm still discovering wonders.