Any ideas on what I can do with 1150 Laquinta points before they expire?

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by daninstl, Apr 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife has 1,150 Laquinta points (collateral damage from 2011 Grand Slam stay). It looks like the minimum transfer is 6,000 points. Any ideas on how we could redeem or move them? I tried to keep them alive with the recent 300 bonus points deal on my account but I still lost them. Her's expire next month and I hate to just let them go.

It has made me change my mind on staying at any Laquinta's in the future. I hate expiring points like this. :(

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. DealsRock

DealsRock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Points.com transfer? They're listed on points.com, but I'm not sure of the minimum transfer amount. Of course, not a great value, but might be > 0.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could donate them as part of the Hotels for Heros program.

Donate your La Quinta Returns Points to Fisher House Foundation Hotels For Heroes program, a service that provides free hotel rooms to wounded, injured and ill military men and women, and families while visiting their loved ones receiving medical care. As a La Quinta Returns member, you can help make an important difference for those who served by donating Returns Points to Hotels For Heroes.

daninstl likes this.
  4. LauraPDX

LauraPDX Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think they actually expire. In my experience, I was able to use my points for a free night more than a year after they said they were expiring. Another thought is to call them up and ask for an extension.

flyingdawg likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just lost some miles in my own account so they do expire and disappear.
    I may just donate them. Seems like the only choice without begging them.

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have 2 e-rewards accounts. A while back (only) one of my accounts was showing a redemption option for 250 LG points for $0.00. I did it and it served as an activity on my LQ account to prevent my points from expiring. May be worth a try.