Any harm in using CVS Extra Care card when making vanilla reload purchases?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by merice107, Dec 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been buying some Vanilla Reload cards at my local CVS to meet a couple minimum spends which I then use to pay for school. At first I never scanned my CVS Extra Care card because I did not want to draw a lot of of attention to the account ($5,000+ made in purchases a month).

Am I being paranoid here? It is not like I am breaking any rules... I buy these cards so I can get miles for paying grad school. Does it not really matter?

Tracy T. likes this.
  2. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    For me, it depends. If I only went in there to buy the reload, then I don't, but if I buy other stuff, then we use the extra care card for the 20% discount they sometimes have, or the extra bucks. If that's the only thing you're buying, then there really isn't any point in scanning your EC card, because they're not going to offer you any deals on reloads and any discounts wouldn't apply to those cards, so whether paranoia or not, it really is pointless.

Ed Chandler and merice107 like this.
  3. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I go with the policy of the less info I give them the better.

4. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Reload cards don't count towards whatever it is you might normally "get" from their program.