Any guesses on which seat map correct?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by malikguy, Apr 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the answer. AA says the seat is occupied. Can't set a seat alert because it shows available. My wife was in 11B, but she got moved when AA split her out of the reservation to upgrade her. Can't seem to figure this one out!!!

untitled.JPG

untitled2.JPG

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're doing the search right now I'd say you should probably wait until AA's systems are back online and functioning before believing anything from any source.

perryplatypus, Aktchi and edekba like this.
  3. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a possibility, but this was around 9 AM this morning before the outage.

Did a mileage copay upgrade for my wife (previously in 11B, which still shows available in EF) and they had to split her out of the resie. When they did that, it moved her in to 20G. I was just now able to move her into 13B because those two seats just opened up.

4. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got a response from the EF team and they said that AA now blocks all of row 11 for medical and not just the middle 3. They said that they haven't updated their system yet to put priority for blocked over premium seats.

Message from EF:
    "AA recently made a change where for row 11 on the 763's they are returning the seats as both Block and Premium Only. We have to change our code to prioritize the Blocked attribute. We will make the change later this week and let you know, sorry for the inconvenience."

5. cvconde

cvconde Active Member

Status Points:
    I reported this to EF last week, as I started seeing all of row 11 blocked for AA flights on the 763, whereas EF showed 11AB 11HJ available. Worked with them on a couple of examples and they said they would fix it. Still hasn't been fxed.

I have also sent emails to AA and called them to see why they did this and to see if they could tell me if these open up at T-24 or only airport control. Of course, no answer.

malikguy likes this.