Any Great Hyatt Mileage Run Properties (NY area)?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Steven Schwartz, Aug 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Says it all. Will need extra stays to rue qualify for Diamond status and curious if there are any great deals out there. Feel free to PM me with any private info.

Many thanks!

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing great that I've seen... although that Hyatt in Greenwhich often goes for obscenely low prices and it makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the hotel :)

3. delff128

delff128 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would check rates at various Hyatt Place locations. From my experience they always seem to have to lowest fairs in the Hyatt portfolio.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. delff128

delff128 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, since we are on the subject of Hyatt and status I sure hope Hyatt starts counting award stays towards qualifying stays/nights. They seem to be lagging behind competitors in this regard.

5. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    on weekends, the Hyatt in Morristown is down around the 80-100 range. There are a couple closer that are a bit higher. It still isn't cheap like around Dulles, but better than $200 for the NYC ones. I did a couple in Morristown/Parsippany.

IDGflygirl and paladinua like this.
  6. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I've been going out to Dulles when I can, too.

7. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since the Morristown Hyatt is 10 minutes from my house, sounds like the best choice and that there are no hidden secrets out there. Thanks to all.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  8. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I see some <$100 Hyatt House/Place Mt Laurel AAA rates in the fall. Similar prices on Advance Purchase or AAA rates for HR Greenwich. If you are a State employee, rate is $8 less than AAA rate.

9. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doc, If you stay, they have a nice restaurant for breakfast there. They do host a lot of groups and conferences. Can get busy. Movie theatre connected to the hotel. Pool access is at the gym passed the theatre. Salt water - not chlorine. Validated parking underground for guest.

I got upgraded to a corner room. Nice size for the family. Unfortunately, they use the white ginger stuff when I went earlier this year for my challenge. It does not suite me not my family well. Very quaint section of NJ.

viguera likes this.
  10. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

I don't know how far it is, but Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick, Jersey has a room and dinner for two for $109.00 on the Sunday Dinner special rate.

11. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know its weird but my award nights from earlier this year are showing up as "qualified nights/stays"

12. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is your key.

Although rates are going up, August has a 2000 point per stay bonus on top of the closed club bonus for diamond and 1000 DA for weekend stays.

canucklehead likes this.
  13. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've found cheap rates at the Poughkeepsie/Fishkill HH when I go to visit family if you happen to be in that area.