Any good promos/tips for Club Carlson hotels in the US?

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by torbster, Mar 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Going over the pond for some weeks in april, and I'll have quite a few hotel-nights in NYC, Las vegas and Miami. Was hoping to earn some miles on club carlson (goldpoints plus) as it's one of the few programs I could make use of in Norway (along with maybe Choice).
    I don't really know alot of the hotels in the program, only stayed at radissons and park inns back home, what would be a good hotel in LV (drinking, poker, usual stuff :p)?

I remember I saw something like a "explore the americas"-campaign with Carlson/GPP which gave you 10k extra points for a night, but now I can't find it so guess it must be over?

Will also wait and see if they come up with some promos for the launch of the "new" program in the end of the month..

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
  4. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great stuff! Thanks

miles and smiles likes this.
  5. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure of your current status with Gold Points Plus, but you may want to request a status match to gold for the 50% points per stay. As a silver or gold memeber you get 2,000 bonus points for reservations booked on-line. (Make sure to check your account for these bonus points - I've had to call and follow up the past several months, as they have'nt been posting automatically.)

6. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just have silver so 25% bonus now, do you think they do status-match with airlines? I'll try sending them an email, wont get my card before the new program kicks in anyway, wouldn't mind if it's gold rather than silver either ;)

7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I've never heard of a hotel chain giving a status match for an airline program. I got a status match quickly with them for my Priority Club Platinum. If you don't have status with another hotel program, then you should probably be satisfied with your silver.

flyingdawg likes this.
  8. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree it's improbable, but it's worth a shot. My argument is that I used to credit my airline account with miles for stays at several different hotel-chains, but now I want to earn points at their program - thus sticking with their hotels when it's possible. :)

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  9. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Good luck! Let us know if it works. Hotel programs will then be inundated with thousands of status requests for airline matches :D

flyingdawg likes this.
  10. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    They told me they only do status match with Hilton, Hyatt, Mariott, Priority Club and Starwood. :)
    The +25% extra points I get with silver is pretty generous tho, it's just too bad all the decent promos (4 for 2, 2 for 1 nights etc.) are for golds.. with those I could actually rack up enough nights for the gold. Catch-22.. ;)

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  11. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    www.mrrebates.com has increased their click thru rebate to 5% from the normal 3%. This will likely only be in effect for a limited time. The 5% rebate applies to both Radisson and Country Inn & Suites.