Any feedback on the HIX Frankfurt Airport?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TheBeerHunter, Jan 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    For about the first time ever, some of my travel is coinciding with hotels on the point breaks list (finally! :)). I've booked our last night in Germany next month at the HIX Frankfurt Airport, which is on the current list. They say they offer shuttle service between the airport and hotel for 5 euro/pp round trip.

Are there cheaper options to get between the two? What if we are coming from the main station instead of the airport? Anyone with any experience at this property? It seems to get pretty solid reviews for what it is on Trip Advisor. While I'd love to stay in town at the IC it's a bit cost-prohibitive on this particular date.

Any feedback would be great.

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it's downtown, five Euros would be a huge bargain and door to door service is so convenient. Even if it's near the airport, the rate is consistent with what all airport hotels at MUC charge for using shuttle service.

uggboy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't very clear in my OP (which I have updated): it's the HIX Frankfurt Airport, and I guess not actually at the airport, but about 12KM away.

Appreciate the feedback that cost is at least in line with other German airport(-ish) hotels!

uggboy likes this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    5EUR seems pretty reasonable for a hotel shuttle in Germany. That said, the train station is attached to FRA - depending on how early your flight is, you could stay in the city and take the train to the airport in the morning before your flight. Trains are generally not too pricey IME in Germany.

uggboy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  5. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah...we've stayed in Frankfurt before, at the IC, and did the train to the airport -- it's definitely painless. Unfortunately, for this specific date, it's more or less priced itself out of my league. My husband is trying to convince me that we should book our whole stay at this HIX FRA due to the cheap points...uhhh....a cheap night before we leave, maybe, but not an entire trip!! :eek:

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, I would not do so for the entire trip either!! :)

uggboy likes this.