Any explanation on the Trip pass

Discussion in 'Award Nexus' started by dingalpha, Oct 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there,

I just purchased the Milepoint Premium membership for 2nd year, which comes an offer buy-one-get-one Award Nexus trip pass. However, I failed to find a good introduction on what this is.

Is this like a award trip booking service or something else?

Any explanation will be appreciated.

Award Nexus likes this.
  2. randomtask

randomtask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ditto on the offering details! Can't find any details on this...

Award Nexus likes this.
  3. Award Nexus

Award Nexus Z Representative

Status Points:
    Hey, thanks for your interest, and sorry for the relatively shortage of details. The Trip Pass is currently a brand new product available to a few select members such as MilePoint premium members, that's why you don't see it mentioned anywhere on the site.

Essentially, a Trip Pass gives you unlimited search access to the Award Nexus search engines, which you can use to search awards on a variety of different airlines yourself. In particular, you get access to some of the more powerful award search features, such as the ability to search up to 10 segments at a time, or to run a 15-days search with one click.

You also get access to the automated search feature, so you can get an email alert when your desire award opens up.

The access is good for a full 12-months too, so you should be able to take care of any trip that you need to plan from now until departure.

You can find more information here:

https://awardnexus.com/page/trip_pass (general Trip Pass information)

https://awardnexus.com/page/milepoint_premium_2013 (exclusive MilePoint premium offer)

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more question.

4. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for prompt reply.

I checked the website again and felt like the A Trip Pass gives unlimited ] search for ANY award trip, or a SINGLE ONE trip?

For example, if I want to have a trip in 6 month from Miami to Milan, Italy. One trip pass only gives me unlimited search for MIA-MXP for 2 people? but my other searches (i.e. other trips) are still subject to available points on my account?

Am I understanding right.

The terms looks like
    • A Trip Pass is valid for 12 months from issue and all travel must be completed by that time
    • A Trip Pass is valid for a single trip, which is defined as a trip within a 45 days period, to up to 3 destinations, on any class of service, on any supported airline, for 2 passengers
    • Before a Trip Pass can be used, you must activated it for your specific trip dates and cities.
    • An activated Trip Pass cannot be changed to another trip, except within the first 100 points of usage

Award Nexus likes this.
  5. Award Nexus

Status Points:
    Exactly.

A Trip Pass gives you up to 12 months of unlimited search for a single trip. So, if you use the MilePoint premium offer to get 2 Trip Passes, you can use one for MIA-MXP, and if you have another trip, you can use your second free Trip Pass for that. If you have a three or more trips, you can search with the available points in your account, or you can buy more Trip Passes for them, if you think you want the unlimited search access for the complicated ones.

Let me know if you have more question.

6. johanna

johanna Active Member

Status Points:
    I purchased a premium membership on milepoint but haven't been able to access the benefits.

Where would I find the Nexus code in order to get the buy one get one free benefit. Thanks for the help

Award Nexus likes this.
  7. Award Nexus

Status Points:
    Hi there. If you check your PM box, you should have received a PM from MilePoint with your benefits. One of the items listed will be a setup code for Award Nexus that you can enter when purchasing the Trip Pass to buy-one-get-one-free.

Once you looked up your special setup code, head over here to make your purchase:

https://awardnexus.com/page/milepoint_premium_2013

Let me know if you have more question.

8. johanna

johanna Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I was able to enter the code, purchase a "free trip " help to find a Business Class ticket for one person, willing
    to fly into any city in Europe beginning on May 1, and I don't see a way in which to do this. My departing airports are flexible too.
    I don't see any way to do this. the samples are to Peking or Japan....and really, I just want to go to Europe and
    back using my many thousands of miles.

Award Nexus likes this.
  9. Award Nexus

Status Points:
    Hi johana, good to know!

First of all, a quick reminder, with the special MilePoint Premium offer, you will get a total of two passes. The first one is the one you paid for, and a second bonus one will be deposited in a few weeks.

As for your trip - a Trip Pass is designed for one specific trip, so make sure you put in your home airport as the origin and pick up to three airports in Europe to activate your Trip Pass.

You need to first go to your list of passes (under My Passes) and click on activate to activate the pass for your trip first, then you can use the pass to search for awards.

Good luck with your search. Let me know if you have more question.