Any experiences at the Hyatt Regency Guam?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by TheBeerHunter, Feb 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't look like the greatest property...but then again most of the hotels on Guam look like they're no great shakes. We're spending a night here as we're doing a convoluted overnight stop on our way home from Micronesia (hey, I said it was convoluted!).

Also, for anyone who has been there: is there any cheaper way to get to the hotel than that extortionate shuttle fee? I've read even taxis are ridiculous here.

Any advice (even just suck it up :rolleyes:) would be appreciated.

2. zanadude

zanadude Member

Status Points:
    Just suck it up sounds about right. It's been a dozen years since I've been to Guam, but there is just no good way to get to the Tumon Bay area from the airport. If you're going to want to get out and check out the island anyway, you might as well just rent a car from the start.

I have no memory of the Hyatt, but we stayed at the Outrigger and that was decent. Pretty sure all of the main hotels in Tumon Bay are still passable. If I ever went again, I'd probably stay at the Nikko.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually liked the hotel and the staff (club lounge) was nice. We rented a car since we wanted to explore the island for a few days.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback. I ended up cancelling the night booked here (it was with my Chase free night cert) and booking at the Days Inn instead. Since it's just an overnight it really doesn't need to be anything more than a bed. Hopefully clean. :rolleyes: