Any experience with Jet Star Asia flight changes as result of cancelation?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by TrueBlueFlyer, Aug 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    So for the second time in a row now flying Jet Star Asia my flight has been canceled and I was automatically rebooked on another flight.

However unlike last time when they booked me on a flight that would get me to Manila after my Cebu flight was due to depart, I have no issue with the flight they canceled but instead would love to use the opportunity to change my departing time from 6pm to 7am so I have an extra half a day in Taipei.

Is this something that Jet Star would do? Anyone specific I should ask for when calling, or what can be said to facilitate this change? As it stands the current automatic reassignment of flights robs me of 5 hours in Taiwan where I'm only going for the weekend. If I can get them to change my departing time which was not affected by the cancelation I would be super happy.

Any ideas?

2. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    hah... well calling didn't work

got a very smug Indian person with a fake Ozzie accent that flat out not only refused to cooperate but even do a simple task of putting the manager on the phone.

last resort will be at Changi airport... maybe the airport staff that I don't think works for Jet Star directly will be more accommodating

otherwise will cancel the whole damn booking... not worth the hassle

3. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    My better half's flight, last year, from PNH-SIN was canceled (schedule change) about 3 weeks prior. When we called about some strange attributes to her itin, there was no contact from JetStar, the agent refused to give us another alternative and 'OKed' the change even though I gave no authorization to do so. To say I was irate is an understatement.

Good luck.