Any current sign-up bonus for AMEX Business Plat?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by kw335, Dec 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Title says it all. Doing last minute churn, but couldn't find any link for Business Plat with sign up bonus.

2. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know of a public one. I keep getting offers to upgrade my Biz Gold to Biz Plat for a point bonus, but that won't do you any good. Good luck!

kw335 likes this.
  3. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Is there any compelling reason as to why I should do Business Plat VS Personal Card (other than the fact that the charges are not accounted for on your credit report)?

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not that I can think of off hand. Personally I hate to get a card without a sign-up bonus, but if you need it for the lounge access or similar then...... A better play if you can wait and want a biz card is to get the Gold if/when they bring back one of those big one-day sign-up bonuses and then wait until you get an offer to upgrade it to the Plat for extra points....or you may get targeted for a better Plat offer.

Otherwise, I think the Mercedes Benz Plat personal card still gives a 50K sign-up bonus. Everything else being equal, that would be my choice.

kw335 likes this.
  5. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I will wait around. I already have (Personal) Gold in hand. Flying primarily on AA, I've already purchased Admirals Club membership and it's good until 10/2013; though the $200 bonus as well as the Global Entry waiver fee is what I am chasing for, as the year is closing to an end.

I think you will agree with me that I should wait until some good offers come up, no?

6. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you already have lounge membership covered, then yes I would wait on that one. The $200 annual credit and Global Entry refund are nice, but the card prob isn't worth it without sign-up bonus points and/or a desire for lounge access.

Hope the rest of your churn goes well!

7. AJTrenkle

AJTrenkle Active Member

Status Points:
    I also got an upgrade to go from Gold Business to Platinum Business. Upgrade offer was for 25k.

Signup bonus aside (if it matters to you since I know this is a churn question) I have come around to thinking the Platinum is the superior card to have. With the $200 credit deducted, it is only $75 more for the large range of benefits. I find that I would rather use Chase UR cards for all spending since that program is far superior with either cash back or travel transfer partners.