Any AAA Signup Bonuses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gleff, Jul 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    AAA membership is one of those really simple things that can wind up saving a great deal of money, especially with hotels. With Hyatt, for instance, there's usually a 10% savings and the rates are not pre-paid. Of course, hotels often don't ask to see a AAA card (though the website asks for a AAA number, and they aren't the only ones to do so during the booking process). But sometimes they do, and i do think it's worth actually having the card!

I've sold a few people on the idea, and while I know that promotions are often region-specific, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any current signup promotions/discounts to use for new membreships?

Thanks!

SC Flier likes this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    https://www.aaaazmember.com/receive.cfm?fuseaction=pageFling&page=program.cfm&promo=RADIO

Special Offer: Promo Code RADIO
    Get 50% off a new 12-month Classic Membership – pay only $35. This includes 50% off the enrollment fee and 50% off your first new Classic primary membership. In addition, you can receive 50% off your first Classic associate member.

* Offer price of $35 includes one Classic Primary Member at 50% off and the enrollment fee at 50% off. Associate member must be in the same household and have the same level of membership coverage. Offer valid for Arizona residents and new members only. Offer expires 12/31/2011. Use promotion code RADIO.

jhflau11 and gleff like this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Awesome, a great deal in Arizona!

Anything for AAA Mid-Atlantic? :)

4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Frequently my AAA offers merchandise gifts to new members and sometimes something for the "old" member who refers them. They've offered items like fancy high intensity emergency flashlights.

I don't know whether it's universal, but my AAA office gives two free passport photos per year to people with above base level memberships. This was handy the last time I needed to apply for a Chinese visa.

6. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    fwiw, AAA usually offers a discount for new memberships to your local AAA club when/if there's a major Auto show in town. (at least that's what I noticed when the 2011 NY International Auto Show was in town)

hth

SC Flier likes this.
  7. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps it varies from club to club, but in my experience, you can get however many passport photos you need for free as a AAA Plus member or higher. Some AAA webpages say that you can get up to 4 photos (2 pairs) free. I've never seen them track whether you've already used such an allotment, so I've taken this to mean that you can get up to 4 per visit for free. I agree that this is great for passport applications and for visa applications. Whenever I get passport photos there, I usually get an extra pair at the same time just in case I may need them soon for another purpose such as a visa application.

Such a photo is also required for an International Drivers Permit, and AAA is the U.S.'s authorized agency for issuing these.

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had Plus for at least about two decades, until I switched to Platinum a year or so ago and I didn't hear about the free photos until about my last year of Plus. This includes many times when I did the international license. IIRC, every time I got the photos, I had a price discount due to being a AAA member, maybe about $2 off per set of two photos.

9. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of the best ways to find a discount sometimes is to contact the vendor and ask. So that's what I did. Get the $10 enrollment fee waived with the following link, or call & use promo code SMAAA

https://www.joinaaanow.com/CreateMembership.aspx?priorityNum=SMAAA

It works for AAA Carolinas. I don't know about other locations.

Another common promo that may be available is to add a free membership for a family member.

gleff likes this.