[Answered] Would love to eventually be able to see "most liked" posts

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by jonman21, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I spend more time on MP, I'm discovering that I really like the "Alerts" feature and the "What's New?" page, where I can see all the newest threads and newest posts. It makes for a much more streamlined experience than FT, and it engages my attention more.

Eventually, as this place grows, I think it would be great to be able to see a list of "most liked" posts - perhaps presented in a similar way as the "New Threads" page?

Thanks!

2. Deacon Flyer
    Original Member

Deacon Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. One of the forums I visit has a 'Post of the Day' feature which highlights some of the best posts from the last 24 hours. It makes it really easy to catch up on good posts that you might have missed.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Atua
    Actually we have all that but have elected to ease into things. There is a lot to get used to especially if you are coming from some other travel communities. When I say this, we also want to make sure we don't create a cluttered user interface for our members as well. Once we get this Beta phase settled down we'll keep you pleasantly surprised with other things. As it is, you're really experiencing about 30% of our eventual build. One of the things i just spent a few minutes on today was clicking around the Meetups calendar. I think it's better than anything i've yet seen on any forum and if you get a chance, look at these upcoming meetups:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/events/upcoming
    Notice the RSVP system and the maps that are built-in. I've been doing this stuff for a long time and am still a Newbie!

jonman21 likes this.
  4. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome, thanks for the info, Randy. Wow, only 30%? Now I'm really excited to see what you guys have in store for us!

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Can't you tell, we haven't even created the FAQ and the member guide to the features.

6. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hadn't even noticed - it's been fun just exploring the site on my own.

kiwi likes this.
  7. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's like the first time in first class, or attending the first do.

Quasiconvexity and jonman21 like this.