[Answered] Wiki within posts?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by edlin303, Mar 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. edlin303
    Original Member

edlin303 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't see anything mentioned about this yet. Have you considered adding an option of a wiki post right below the OP in each thread? Something like is found on Slickdeals. I have always found it a great way to get important information into an easy to find location within the post. For example, on FT there are countless threads started years ago, that one needs to flip through hundreds of posts to find useful information. If instead the community could keep the latest information at the top in a wiki post, it would make things far more efficient. It also makes it much more available than a whole separate wiki just for details specific to that thread.

*I meant to say "Wiki within threads" but failed.

jbcarioca, b8b and lin821 like this.
  2. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    This is something we have considered and is something we might look at again at a future time. For now we do have a wiki, though it is not within threads as you describe.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello, edlin303! Nice to see you here.

Actually wikiposts had been (formally) brought up in Beta Phase on Feb 7, 2011 ([​IMG]), but the discussion threads during beta are all being archived:

Will wikipost feature(i.e. 2nd post in thread) be implemented on MilePoint?

The official words are "good idea but don't have a timetable for this nice-to-have feature" (see Mikel's full reply in another wiki feature thread here). :(

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  4. b8b

b8b Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wiki posts would be AWESOME and help people find info quickly. It would also differentiate this site from "that other" site ;)

jbcarioca and lin821 like this.
  5. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can go ahead and use the code name, TOBB, for "that other" site on MP. :D

jbcarioca and b8b like this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to add my voice in favor. We are getting some fairly long threads that need critical extracts and more are coming quickly.