[Answered] Wiki assists needed - ie airport code lookup

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by msv, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used the airport code lookup feature frequently in FT. If there is one in milepoint I have not been able to find it. Also a glossary would be very useful too.

kiwi likes this.
  2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    The two information features you have named are actually provided by us via WebFlyer to begin with so you'll certainly see them here. We are just trying to get though Beta which is designed to test technology and as well, begin the foundation for great content. As for the airport codes, we also have looked into developing a "hover" plan for them but don't yet know the ramifications until we get our final hosting platform configuered. But we have what you are looking for. Thank you and welcome.

4. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy, that's great news - I am a frequent user of the glossary, and sometimes the airport code list, on FT.
    While I fly so much more than most of my family and friends, having spent time around FT and other sites I know that I fly much less than many posters and am less familiar with FF terms. I find that I just need help with terms in the posts from time to time.
    And yes, the airport lookups can be found elsewhere but it will be great to have them here and accessible on MP.
    It will also be helpful if we can have a feature, or admin. contact, where we suggest glossary terms to be added. I have done that a few times, and it is another way to contribute to the community.