[Answered] "What's new" page not accurate

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by toddreg, Apr 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed over the past week or so that the "whats new" page, even when refreshed does not list the latest threads from the forums for some reason. Have you noticed this issue? For example I posted a thread 29 minutes ago but it is not on the whats new page before, around or after that time period.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    One of the tech guys will likely answer this but i seem to recall that it does not list the threads that you start only those started by others, for instance, i see the thread you started regarding Marriott, though you may not see it. But let's wait for the official answer.

3. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gottcha, funny they now pop up however (my posts). It did seem however that over that past few days the what's new posts did not change that much and don't update or refresh themselves. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can determine a pattern or what not.

4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    It sounds like you might be having multiple problems here, the first one Randy explained some, but it isn't that you can't see your own threads it is that you only see threads that have new posts in them for you show up by default. So if you create a thread and nobody has replied it will not show up. But then once someone replies to your thread that will show up.

Your second post also makes me think that you are probably refreshing a "What's New?" page, that is ok, but you will see that there is a key associated with your request in the url, you don't need to understand that really, but should know that in order to see the most recent updated posts you want to click on the "What's New?" link rather than refreshing the page.

The one other thing you might not be aware of is that Off Topic forums do not show in the "What's New?" section initially, if you want to see OT threads in the listing click on the "All Recent Topics" link on the "What's New?" page and note that on that page you will also see topics that do not have new replies listed as well, unlike the "What's New?" page. Hope that all helps.

ACMM likes this.
  5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    as always, the tech guys are much smarter than I. Thanks Tim, even I learned something from your explanation.

6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    As did I -- thanks Tim!

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I am seeing the page not being accurate also - or at least not the same view when expected... let me explain...

If I click on What's New I see this - this is the basic view without clicking on the All Recent Messages ... note that is indicates the view is New Threads

4-19-2011 9-16-10 PM.jpg

Now if I click on the "All Recent Messages" I see this ... it now shows additional threads on AC that were not in the first view - yes I have viewed them - but the first time I saw this i had not view them yet and they showed up .. and now the view is called Recent Threads

4-19-2011 9-16-40 PM.jpg

Am I seeing it as it is supposed to be seen? Somehow it does not make sense that the AC forum would only show up if I clicked on All Recent ...

Thanks for your insight ...

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Further testing seems to suggest to me that read threads will not show up in the basic What's New view.

9. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    That is correct. :)