[Answered] Trending Topics

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by kellio, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't seem to be refreshing? I'm only seeing topics from yesterday.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I'll look into this but I seem to recall that the Trending Topics isn't like the latest topics you might find on other websites, rather it is a list of threads that are attracting the most comments/pageviews making them relevant to the activity of MilePoint rather than just the "latest". Not sure if I have any thoughts one way or the other on this and likely once we clear our beta process, there may be other options to seeing latest headlines, etc. Thanks for asking because when we started, I wrote a note to ask the tech guys if it was working. There are some things we all will have to get used and learn about, including me.

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As mentioned elsewhere, I'd like to see the counting posts, lounges, etc., excluded from trending topics. They skew the listings. Or, a checkbox to hide them, so it is at user discretion- some people want to see that their fav lounge has something new to savor.

resipsa99 and kellio like this.
  4. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update.

5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to see the recent topics with the most likes

6. resipsa99
    Original Member

resipsa99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to be able to see more than 6 trending topics, and I agree with Gargoyle that it would be great to be able to select or deselect types of topics from the trending topics page/section.

Wanaflyforless and Gargoyle like this.
  7. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of great suggestions in this thread.

Currently, Trending Topics highlights less than day old threads that have the most replies. As soon as a thread's creation time is more than 24 hours past, the thread will disappear from the Trending Topics list. This isn't necessarily how it will always work, depending on feedback and such, but that's how it is working now.

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Mikel,

I think that trending either does not work at all or completely differently than as you say. Right now, the thread that is on top ([Answered] Can we please have a senior forum?) was started long time ago and last post to it was more than 24 hours ago...

9. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're right, as of now it isn't working as it was previously. Some updates were done that have caused the Trending Topics to become, how shall I say, dysfunctional [​IMG]

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I take it the Trending Topics box is still broken? Right now one of the threads listed is

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/752s-where-does-ua-get-the-e-space.3354/

but it's from this morning and has only received two replies since then. So really not much activity compared to a lot of other threads I have been visiting. Maybe change the title of the box to "Random Topics" for now? ;) (j/k)

11. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Trending Topics has been fixed and is now displaying the threads that have been created within the past 24 hours AND have the most replies.