[Answered] Trending Topics - should have forum noted

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by peteropny, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The trending topics area does not indicate which forum the topic is in - this could potentially cause people to post without looking at which forum its in and be "off topic" - (a good example is the Hyatt forum thread "complimentary suite upgrades" which show up in "trending topics" - this caused several posts totally unrelated to Hyatt to be posted. Not necessarily a problem right now but will be once we get bigger.

A different solution would be to note the forum in the thread title - but that's awkward with the majority of threads.

flospi likes this.
  2. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    The low level forum is noted, right after the date. But I assume you are recommending seeing more of the upper branches as well?

3. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, stumbled upon that myself today... the titel of a thread in the Trending Topics was something containing "*G upgrade" which I thought would be connected to StarAlliance Gold Upgrades... but it lead me to a hotel forum (Hyatt I think it was).
    So +1 for adding something that we see what forum this topic comes from.

4. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm referring to the "list" that shows up on the right side of the main listing of forums - I'm still discovering the various areas so have not stumbled across your reference yet.

5. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's a slightly different problem that can be solved with a title edit - it should be Gx (not *G) - currently admins can do that - and presumably in the future "moderators / ambassador / whatever title is decided on".

I mean anything can be solved with a title edit - but it would be really clumsy to add the forum name to every thread title.

6. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, OK. I was referring to the What's New button on the second menu bar up top. I guess what's new and trending topics have different meanings.

7. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just an update to let you know this is on our "To research" list.

magic111 likes this.