[Answered] system down today?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by stimpy, Mar 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I couldn't access this site all morning (Dubai time) today. Well technically I connected to the server, but no page came up. Then this afternoon it started working again.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    down for maintenance yes

3. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, thanks. Maybe they want to have a system down page so people are aware? It's pretty easy to do. Just redirect the query to a spare PC running HTTP to a page that mentions the downtime and when it will be back up. Then you can do whatever you want to the main system.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    yeah they did that.. atleast that's what I got when I tried to visit the site this morning. They also had a notice on the main forum page several days ahead (which they removed after the maintenance)

5. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm. All I got was a completely blank page, no matter how deep my URL was. And I guess I never look at the main forum page. :oops:

Kalboz likes this.
  6. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    From a users perspective very little has changed since before the downtime. There are new smiles graphics and users of mobile touch devices should see improved performance on the site. Other than that there shouldn't be much else to notice that has changed. :)

We did have a site down page, though some of the updates being performed during the down time result in a blank page being shown during the down time as well.

torbster likes this.