[Answered] Suggestion: Change HKG forum title

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by skit53, Jun 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently, the Local Point HKG forum has a title of "HKG - Hong Kong Kai Tak International Airport".

Shouldn't this be changed to "HKG - Hong Kong Chep Lap Kok International Airport" as Kai Tak has been closed for over 13 years?

To be even more specific, it should be written as "HKG - Hong Kong International Airport" and not include Chep Lap Kok as that's not part of the official airport name.

2. 200px-HongKongAirportlogo.png But does it matter? Do we all know what it means? Yes.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would suggest putting the words "Chep Lap Kok" in parentheses because this name is still sometimes used to refer to the airport, for example when one says airport to the doorman, the response sometimes is "Chep Lap Kok?" and these seem to be the words the doorman says to the taxi driver IME.

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Done. Not sure what happened during the Beta to cause the older name to be displayed.
    As suggested and mentioned by mtacchi, International Airport is their official name used on the website of the airport. Thanks.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I still think Chep Lap Kok (not the name of the old airport, I hope I have this right that the old one is Kai Tak) should appear someplace prominent because that's how the locals refer to it. If you're getting a taxi, you may need to know the Chinese name.