[Answered] Strange behaviors with Numbered Lists in editor

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by SC Flier, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Numbered Lists functionality is not behaving exactly as I expected. The following is just part of a series of discoveries while testing numbered lists in the Test Thread thread in the OT forum.

It seems to help to go into BBCode Editor mode and then return to the Rich Text Editor. Otherwise, the RT Editor seems to get confused once you un-list a set of lines.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I agree, the numbered list and bullet list functions are buggy and barely usable.

3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    It appears that this must be a browser issue of some sort. Using Chrome on Mac OS X this functionality works just like you describe that you think it should SC Flier. What browser/OS are you on?

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Firefox 3.6.13, Win XP sp2

I also keep running into strange things editing the master list of photo threads.
    For example, indents below where I did a change will double; indent=2 will become indent=4.

I haven't pinned down what causes this, maybe doing a carriage return or when I'm putting an indent in the rich text editor; then I have to go to the bbcode editor to fix it.

It could be (just guessing) that it highlights/grabs everything below where I'm working but doesn't do anything on screen to show that those have been selected. If that's the case, when I add an indent, it applies that indent to everything following that point, doubling the existing indents.

5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm on FireFox 3.6.13 with XPsp3. I can fool around with Chrome and/or IE 8 later.