[Answered] Several New Forums

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by jbcarioca, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    deemed inappropriate

yosithezet likes this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think a wine subforum would be a good addition.

Chimpy likes this.
  3. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see a Caribbean subforum. Not that it is all about me, but this where I do most of my traveling and there was another thread about the same. I think there are amaing places to see, hotels and restaurants to review, etc.

4. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suggest that the Destination Travel Forums which are currently mainly by Continent be broken down further by country ... I normally researching a particular place I wish to go to and prefer going to a country (tha t way alot of other stuff has been weeded out) rather than a much larger area.

Re USA, I think Hawaii should be further broken down by Island ... things are quite manageable now, but with any large amount of posting will start to become not as useful when researching a particular destination.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. DLNYC
    Original Member

DLNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could we get a GLBT forum?

6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    GLBT?

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    tomh009 likes this.
  9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    To each their own :)

10. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
  11. Halo
    Original Member

Halo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think there's scope for a Cruise forum (the ship kind [​IMG]) in the Travel & Dining area.

12. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    A Las Vegas forum makes a lot of sense, especially if we're going to separate forums for cities like Washington, DC.

13. YVR-Flyer
    Original Member

YVR-Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The current Credit Card forum lists primarily information on US issued cards. Would sub-forums listed by individual countries help to ensure the forum more useful for non US card holders?

For example the AMEX SPG thread is of no value to Canadians as we have our own AMEX-SPG card with different benefits.

sofasurfer, David and jbcarioca like this.
  14. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yikes - probably too late, but you could have had just one poll: Which forums do you support and why? - and allow multiple selections.

15. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did not because I thought there should be discussion for each, hoping that if people care they'd want to advocate their interests rather than mix them. Bad idea? Not too late to change if we do it now. I can still delete them.

16. YVR-Flyer
    Original Member

YVR-Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not many responses - I guess it is a non issue. In the past I would NOT frequent the FT credit card forum due to the difficulties in weeding through what is important to me. I still feel there should be sub-forums, either by country preferably, or by the credit card brands. Problem with a credit card brand forum, is again you will end up with a sub-forum which will have little interest than US card holders.

BTW what percentage of FT or MP visitors are NON-US? This will probably indicate how important it would be to segregate by country.

Credit cards are different from frequent flyer programs in that you don't have to be resident in Canada to participate in Aeroplan - whereas 99.5% of credit card users using AMEX-SPG Canada will be a resident in Canada.

sofasurfer, David and jbcarioca like this.
  17. YVR-Flyer
    Original Member

YVR-Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe that a "ITA Software" forum should also be added.

jbcarioca likes this.
  18. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Silly me, I thought it was a big issue. I have no idea how many posts I have made in Credit Card BB and even FT helping people know the differences when they confuse them. Nothing quite to match EMV and FX charges but still lots of confusion. I would very much like to know the national distribution of members. It certainly ought to help us as we are thinking of suggestions.

BTW, IIRC, Aeroplan is about 92% Canadian. Do you know the current numbers?

19. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestions on the new forums, for the most part those are all forums that we have considered adding already. Unfortunately with the creation of polls or discussions about the idea of adding new forums you can't really tell the full or real interest in the idea. The BEST way you can influence and show your interest in the creation of those forums is to discuss the the topics you are looking to be added in the forum that it currently best fits in. For example, if we were to see a many people discussing wine in the food forum that would be a strong indicator to us that there might be a need for a forum dedicated to the discussion of wine. :)

lin821 likes this.
  20. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Understood

21. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    jbcarioca, I just wanted to clarify. There is nothing inappropriate at all about posting suggestions and I don't mean to discourage you from doing so. I just wanted to give some insight for things we will look at and consider when decide on adding a new forum. My apologies if it sounded like I was saying that the discussion of new forums was in any way inappropriate.

lin821 and Travelman like this.
  22. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tim, Thanks for your concern that the post had the possibility of being mis-understood ... in my book, it seems that all of you have gone out of your way to try to be fair and understanding and accommodating within the constraints that the software puts upon you ... taking into account the years of experience with other forums:)

23. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Glad to hear it Travelman! :)

24. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    We do need a Cruise forum. In fact, perhaps even sub-forums by cruise line or ports.

25. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    i realize this has the answered tag on it but after doing a basic search, there are no cruise forums or sections to discuss various cruise lines, destinations or any deals etc.

would it be possible to create a basic cruise forum that could be organized later if there is enough interest?

jbcarioca likes this.