[Answered] Programs and Elite levels listing

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by al613, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a reason you cannot list them, like you can on the old site? Or do you want to verify them before allowing to post? :)

2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    U
    Have you thought about just putting them in your signature line? They look quite a bit cleaner there compared to being scrunched under your screen name.

FriendlySkies and al613 like this.
  3. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like good idea. But I think for most people the site should ask them during registration to make it easier.

4. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought about the same thing, and added my programs after I registered.. Much easier on the eyes to see it in one sentence, rather than a big group of programs.

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Yes. We have tried to focus the attnetion on the two purpsoes of this Beta launch, developing quality and relevent content and to stress test and work out the technology platform we are using as well as test out a few new concepts we have been thinking about. Many of the topics such as this one, which is good to ask as i want you to know where we are going, will be apparent once we accomplish the goals for the Beta. Now, having said that, we also want to make efforts toward maintaing a clean and simple user interface, so there will certainly have to be some balance. We do have some ideas we have in our dev area so appreciate the feedback. I hope this helps with your interest—thanks and welcome.

6. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope you come up with something, as these are really helpful. For example, in the AA forum, the answer to a question often depends on the status of the member. If they list their AA status, they you know which answer applies to them, and just give it. Quick and clean. If you don't know their status, then you end up with a long answer - if you are EQP, then this, if Platinum, then that, if Gold, then this other thing, if no status, then yet another answer. Lots of unnecessary typing and wasted bandwidth.

MSPeconomist and Dovster like this.
  7. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    That's a really good point. You would like to make it easier for people to share their statuses with everyone to make it easier to assist them with answering their questions?

I wonder how you could make it easier. Have options where you select your status from a list and it is displayed in your signature accordingly? Or am i just making it too complicated?

8. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have it part of your profile? If there was a profile section for status, you could just tick boxes and the site would display any active ones in your sig?

9. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Something like that. Have all status of all major programs shorten so ANA Platinum becomes ANA PLT etc when ticketed etc. It would also standardise all users signatures to display their statuses which I guess could be seen as a bonus.

10. travelfree
    Original Member

travelfree Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like the best and easiest solution to display beneficial information.

11. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some form of easy standardisation would definitely make sense. I like the little images for the programs, but I'm hesitant to add them to my signature as bulky signatures can make it very frustrating to read through long threads as most of the info becomes repeated signatures..

Funtodoimpossible likes this.