[Answered] possible to save drafts in MP?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by MSPeconomist, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I compose a message in MP by typing it directly in the window (and not creating a file in plain text or MS-Word or whatever to import), is there a way to save it? It would be useful to be able to return later to a draft to reconsider or finish/refine it before posting. One doesn't always want to publicly post right away or post partial fragments of a much longer message, even though the preview window helps. At the moment, I assume that if I enter text, when I close the window or switch to another computer, the text is "lost" regardless of whether I have yet clicked to preview or not. Is this something that can be implemented here, similar to the way email systems let one save drafts when they haven't been sent yet.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually I like love the idea and have often wondered the same. I did go search our our platform developers website and found another potential user of this system inquiring about something similar but there did not seem to be much additional interest so i'm not sure of its future. However, I've put in on my own personal radar and will look out for both you and I. It also might be something we could commission that would make it unique for my members. I think I have started to answer literally every single thread in Talk To Me but typically get pulled away and it would be nice to just come back to what i had started and then finish rather than losing it as typically happens. I'm not much for creating outside the forums as cut and paste.

Anyway, not a bad idea -- you're having a great week!