[Answered] OnePass

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by yunicorner, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. yunicorner
    Original Member

yunicorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can understand combining Continental posts into the United forum but it hurts that the forum title does not include OnePass. There has not been an official decision on what to call the new United program so I think OnePass should be included in the title if you are going to combine forums. (Maybe change it to United | Mileage Plus (including Continental | OnePass).) I would also like to see the United Airlines Help Guide wiki links in that forum be labeled with OnePass as well. (Unless the plan is to create a Continental Airlines Help Guide wiki as well.) The OnePass program is not dead yet. I'm a proud member of the OnePass program. Please don't throw it aside.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for the input and there's certainly no intent on throwing OnePass aside. As background, I've nearly 2 million miles with OnePass (and i do not have a credit card with them), nearly one million of those BIS. I'n currently Chairman's Circle and achieved Lifetime Platinum a number of years ago by flying Platinum and above five straight years—even when CO pulled out of the Colorado market in a large way. So, the decisions we made were not because of lack of interest or respect for OnePass.
    Now, we could have made all sorts of divisions between the two, but we really do not want to make extra work when the merger does come about. Looking in the wiki, you'll see plenty of reference to CO in glossary terms and more. We've just picked a random placeholder for whatever things become. And, we see that even the airline itself is following us on this. For instance, we welcome the former CO Insider who is now registered here as the UA Insider and you'll see that his information clearly notes United Airline. (He clearly could have registered as the CO Insider but apparently choose not to). Not sure if that's a hint or like us they have just picked a temporary placeholder for things such as this.
    Again, i totally agree that we don't want to throw OnePass aside, but at this stage we'd rather build for the future and have a way to easily keep our members interest than to try and manage a past that has been decided in all but the future name. Hope we're good with at least understanding the temporary decisions we have made. Thanks.

Note: as well, we really did not have much choice. the software has a limit of 50 characters for forum title names and we originally had it to include OnePass right after Continental, but if you count the characters, you'll see why we kept getting an error and had to edit the OnePass out. We thought of the two names, it was more important to include Continental than to have just OnePass ... darn judgement calls.