[Answered] MP site blocked at work

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by thefitworldtraveler, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thefitworldtraveler
    Original Member

thefitworldtraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although I'm suppose to be working at work, I like to occasionally hop on FT to be on the look out for MR deals like that just recently happened with the DL mistake fares to EU. However, MP is blocked at my place of employment. Is there any reason why MP is blocked, but other discussion sites like FT, forums.macrumors.com and various other forums are not blocked? MP, at least at my company is blocked because it is an uncategorized website. How does the Internet Gods categorize website and can MP be categorized as a corporate travel site so that it's not blocked at work?

2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe you have to bring that to your IT department as they are the one in control of this

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    the input i've seen elsewhere is that for others who had FT blocked at work they could now see MP. It may have something to do with our front page being restricted, that is, there is no links off to the inside. However, i do not know the answer so let me pass this along to our tech team to ensure that anything relevant to the issue on our side is good for you to go. Appreciate the heads up, good info to know.